Sustaining energy levels

After two consecutive days of conducting workshops on juggling, it is time for a break for myself.

Conducting workshops requires one to be prepared, alert, responsive, and upbeat throughout the workshop. In some ways, I suppose it is like performing a "live" show. When things happen, sometimes quite unexpectedly, I must stay focussed, give an appropriate response, and keep the programme flowing so that the workshop participants progress in their learning. Training participants to learn requires the trainer to expend energy to keep the pace and facilitate their learning.

I once attended a seminar by a corporate trainer. Her advice to other trainers who want to stay productive in the long term is to do something she calls "self care", that is, give yourself some time off to recharge. That's what I'm doing today!

.

Comments

Popular Posts