Juggling spotted in Literary Novel

I enjoy Juggling and Entertaining With Juggling. I also enjoy spotting references to, or images of, Juggling in print or visual media. For example, these:



and this:


I also enjoy reading. Occasionally, I read novels and collections of short stories. Currently, I'm reading the novel "4 3 2 1" by Paul Auster. It was on the Man Booker Prize 2017 shortlist

To my pleasant surprise, I found a delightful paragraph about Juggling in 4 3 2 1


Juggling described in Paul Auster novel 4 3 2 1
The novel, "4 3 2 1" by Paul Auster.


This paragraph reveals a seldom seen attribute of Stanley, one of the characters in the novel. Stanley has been wooing Rose for months, and hopes to win her hand in marriage. Here is the paragraph that describes one of Rose's observations about Stanley:

On the other hand, he did have his inspired moments, inexplicable jags of rambunctiousness when something in him was temporarily set free and he turned into a joking, daredevil prankster, as, for example, the night when he showed off for her in the kitchen of her parents' apartment by juggling three raw eggs, keeping them aloft in a dazzle of speed and precision for a good two minutes before one of them went splat on the floor, at which point, he let the other two go splat on purpose, apologizing for the mess with a silent comedian's shrug and a one-word declaration: Whoops.

There you are!

I think it's delightful to read that paragraph, especially since I happen to Juggle Raw Eggs during my Juggling Shows. Here's an egg-citing moment captured in a photo:





Thank you for reading this post. Check out my website too.

Comments

Popular Posts